|Senior Associate Director of Data Analytics|
Senior Associate Director of Data Analytics
The Data Analytics team plays a critical role in informing Uncommon’s organizational strategy by conducting data analysis around the key questions we face in areas ranging from student academic performance to talent to college completion. The Senior Associate Director will manage key analyses throughout the year and contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced team that is using data to help stakeholders across Uncommon make key decisions that further our mission.
The Senior Associate Director of Data Analytics will:
1) Conduct and oversee analyses related to areas of strategic importance for Uncommon (e.g. student performance, talent)
2) Generate reports and key findings that will inform decisions made by Uncommon’s senior leaders including the CEO, Chief Schools Officers, and other members of the executive team
3) Help determine the key questions that the team should prioritize and address through analysis
4) Work to create sustainable structures and systems to maximize the team’s impact across Uncommon
This position provides a fantastic opportunity to join a highly-skilled strategic and analytical team that uniquely has both broad and deep insight into our 49 Uncommon schools, 16,000 students and 2100 staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Reporting and Analysis
1. Own, design, improve, and generate reports and presentations for the Executive Team, senior leadership, Home Office, regional and school level stakeholders to provide core statistics and insights related to student and school performance, enrollment, staff, and college completion.
2. Support management in addressing strategic questions and informing decision making through the design, execution, and effective communication of data analyses.
3. Collaborate with the Director and other Sr. Associate Director of Data Analytics to determine the key questions the team should prioritize and address through analysis, identify best analysis approach and methodology, and ways to make insights and reports easily digestible, actionable, and impactful.
4. Manage reporting or analysis workstreams, including detailing project tasks, owners, & timeline as well as tracking project status
5. Partner with the Director of Data Analytics to create structures and systems that improve the replicability and reliability of the team’s analysis and reporting work as well as appropriate access across the organization
Data Collection and Management
1. Understand school and organization-wide data currently collected, how it is being collected, how it is being stored, and what additional data we would like to collect.
2. Partner with IT and HR teams and regional Chief Operating Officers (COOs) to refine the data collection, storage, and management processes with the goals of improving data quality across Uncommon and providing reliable, easy access to data for conducting analysis.
3. Ensure that data used for analysis is of the highest integrity by working with stakeholders to review historical data, fix incorrect data, and collect missing data.
1. Become an organizational resource with strong knowledge of student and staff information.
2. Identify best practices in data analysis inside and outside of Uncommon;
3. Help support the development of analytical ability within other Home Office, regional and school-based teams through the creation and delivery of training and tools.
Team and Leadership/Management
1. Serve as a partner for the Director of Data Analytics on all aspects of the team’s work and direction including team objectives & vision, team structure, and ongoing support & development of team members.
2. Manage team member(s) – first on components of projects, and then assuming full responsibility for ongoing management and professional development of direct report
1. Knowledge, skills, and abilities
2. Minimum educational level
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, PDA, and all necessary supplies.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Log In if already registered