|Associate Director of Recruitment|
|Associate Director of Recruitment
Location: Brooklyn, NY
At Uncommon Schools, we believe that without great teachers, nothing else matters. The Associate Director of Recruitment plays a critical role in developing and implementing strategies designed to attract and hire talented, mission-driven teachers and staff members to work in our 23 Brooklyn-based schools. He or she will serve as an ambassador of our staff and students to candidates, community partners, colleges, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
• Working with members of the Recruitment team to brainstorm, develop and execute an innovative and streamlined approach to recruiting top talent in Brooklyn.
• Demonstrating and communicating to candidates about Uncommon, what it is like to work in our organization, and why they should consider joining us.
• Collecting and analyzing data to support building recommendations and developing recruitment strategy.
• Cultivating relationships with prospective candidates and overseeing aspects of the selection process such as:
―Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with candidates.
―Reviewing applications, resumes and conducting phone screens.
―Managing school leader relationships and collaborates with regional leaders.
―Running group interview days.
• Supporting or leading the outreach efforts to inform candidates about opportunities across our schools and build candidate pipeline.
―Posting job descriptions on all relevant platforms.
―Researching and implementing advertising for open roles.
―Attending career fairs targeted at high profile candidates and builds name recognition among talented candidates.
―Conducting extensive outreach and networking with undergraduate and graduate schools, service organizations, and affinity groups to build Uncommon and its schools’ visibility and to attract candidates.
• Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
• Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively.
• Strong relationship-building and relationship management skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to learn quickly, work independently and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
• Willingness and ability to travel nationally to recruitment-related events.
• Ability to collect and analyze data to drive strategy for outreach and selection work.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary significantly above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits. In addition to extensive professional development, all our staff are equipped with a laptop computer, phone, and other equipment required for success.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Log In if already registered