The Financial Projects Manager will assist the Chief Financial Officer in the development of strategy, execution, and management of projects that support the short and long-term goals of Uncommon Schools. Projects may involve topics such as real estate financing activities, financial and operational intersections, and financial sustainability initiatives, among others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct management of select projects; developing comprehensive project plans that identify clear milestones, dependencies, assumptions, and manages contingencies for any identified risk
- Prepares project management agendas for status reviews with stakeholders
- Maintains a broad understanding of status of all projects within CFO purview
- Collaborates as needed with other CFO direct reports to facilitate implementation of financial projects
- Analyzes information collected during project management to make or assist in making critical path decisions
- Collaborates with CFO and other CFO direct reports to align strategies and implementation plans for various projects
- Prepares or assists in preparation of materials for various executive and board level meetings (e.g., with executive leadership, current or potential financing partners, or funders)
- Develops simple, creative ways to explain complex information for clear business decision making
- Develops process for communicating project status tracking and updates
Reports to Chief Financial Officer. Should expect to work closely with senior staff and a variety of consultants.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Understands and translates complex details into easily understandable concepts
- Skilled in use of MS Excel and MS Word
- Understanding of nonprofit financials
- Balance detailed thinking with big picture strategic decisions
- Identify and analyze key decisions to be made
- Understand and think through short- and long-term implications of decisions on organizational strategy and capacity
- Ability to comfortably dive into most/any area of the business or product
- Ability to maintain complete trust of confidential information
- Deeply analytical
- Ability to think strategically across multiple disciplines and organizational
- Confident in managing up
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Breaks down complex projects into key milestones and concrete action stems
- Identifies and prioritizes critical-path activities
- Identifies assumptions and develop contingencies for potential risks
- Manages all parties involved to ensure on-time, high-quality outcomes
Strong Organizational Skills:
- Personal organizational systems to support a strong work ethic and desire to produce high quality results
- Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through
- Works well independently and as part of a small team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
2) Educational background:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit, consulting, structured finance, or legal fields.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.