Works with the Director of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing national and regional recruitment strategies and monitors the execution and effectiveness of the strategies throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists the Director of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing and implementing a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting teachers and other employees for Uncommon Schools:
- Work closely with the Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment to develop and implement well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting teachers and other employees for Uncommon Schools.
- Assists Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment to develop and execute region/network-based strategic outreach and hiring plans.
- Creates outreach and hiring plans throughout the year; makes changes to approach, as necessary.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon and each Uncommon School and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Manages candidate relationships from recruitment through application.
- Researches various advertising mediums and places advertisements accordingly.
- Attends career fairs targeted at high profile candidates and builds name recognition among talented candidates.
- Conducts extensive outreach and networking via phone, correspondence, and in-person meetings with undergraduate and graduate schools, service organizations, and affinity groups to build Uncommon and its schools’ visibility and to attract candidates.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Reports to Senior Associate Director of Recruitment. Works closely with School Leaders and external partners, as needed.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to inspire top educators to join staffs of Uncommon schools.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary significantly above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits. Aside from extensive professional development, all our teachers are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, library budget, and all necessary instructional supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.